The Adventure Kids love bread and butter, and they love THIS bread and butter THE MOST.
Just to clarify, this is really NOT a recipe. To make this delicious bread in your home, you do not need any special gadgets, and it only takes 3 ingredients. Other than those 3 ingredients, you need an oven and a bread pan. Then, you just need to follow the instructions on the frozen bread package, add butter and seasoning mix to the top, and serve it warm with softened butter.
The first thing you need to do is buy your 3 ingredients:
- Buy Kroger Ready-to-Bake Homestyle Bread Dough. It comes with 5 loaves in a package and currently sells for $5.19. There are 3 methods listed on the package for how to cook the bread: room temperature method, overnight refrigerator method, and speed method. I’ve used both the room temperature and speed methods, and both of those worked out perfectly. Since I can’t seem to remember to put a loaf in the fridge the night before, I’ve never tried the overnight refrigerator method, but I’m sure it would work just as well.
- Buy Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning. You can buy this at Walmart, Target, Amazon, or other stores where seasoning is sold. Right now on Amazon, you can get a 2-pack of 2.75 oz jars for $8.59. You can use this stuff on anything.
- Buy sticks of real butter.
Now that you’ve gathered your 3 ingredients, here are the steps for getting the bread baked and on the table (room temperature method):
- Thoroughly grease the bread pan with nonstick cooking spray. (Typical bread pan dimensions are 8.5” x 4.5” x 2.5”.)
- Place the frozen bread in the pan.
- Thoroughly grease one side of a sheet of plastic wrap that is big enough to cover the pan. Put the grease side down on top of the pan so that when the bread rises, it won’t stick to the plastic wrap.
- Let the dough thaw at room temperature until it rises to about 1” above the top of the pan. This will take about 6 hours.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is warming up, carefully remove the plastic wrap.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave (put it in a microwave-safe dish and nuke for about 15-20 seconds) and brush the melted butter onto the top of the loaf.
- Shake on a bunch of the seasoning mix. I use around 2-3 tablespoons of it so that the seasoning is very thick all across the top of the loaf. You can use less if you’re not sure how you feel about that much garlic. We love garlic, so I go for it.
- Set out a stick of butter so it will be softened when you’re ready to spread it.
- Put the bread in the oven, and set a timer for 20-25 minutes. When the bread is golden brown and has begun to pull away from the sides, it is done.
- Pull the bread out of the oven and immediately put it on a wire rack to cool.
- As soon as it’s cool enough to not burn off the top of your mouth, slice it, smear on the butter, and enjoy with a smile!