We had a blast at Newfields’ Harvest! I’m always a little nervous taking the Adventure Kids to an art festival, but this festival was totally kid-friendly and the number of pumpkins is astounding. They have over 5,000 pumpkins here, folks! Let me share some details.
There are several activities at Harvest that are geared specifically towards kids:
- Hay bale maze
- Art making
- Giant pumpkin bounce pad
- Pumpkin sculpting demonstration by Frost Lion
- Farm animals from McClure’s Orchard
- Pumpkin painting (additional fee)
The Adventure Kids had the most fun petting the farm animals and jumping on the bounce pad! They also enjoyed watching a sculptor go to work on a giant pumpkin outside the Lilly House.
Oh, and chugging down McClure’s delicious apple slushies.
In addition to touring the museum and grounds, there is lots to do and see for adults here, of course. Check the online schedule to see what’s happening on certain days and times. Some highlights include:
- Horticulture displays
- Touring the Lilly House
- Culinary demonstrations (Friday through Sunday)
- Art and seed bomb making
- Beer and wine tastings
- Watching the movie Rudy on Saturday
- Kusama’s Infinity Mirror Room
We really had the most fun just looking around at all of the horticulture and beauty of the land and art.
- Member Adults: $5 online and $10 at the door
- Member Children (ages 6-17): $5
- Public Adults: $20 online and $25 at the door
- Public Children (ages 6-17): $12
- All Children (5 and under): FREE
4000 Michigan Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Special Pumpkin Pack (can be purchased online): $25
- 2 pumpkins to paint
- canvas bag designed by a local artist
- giant grilled pretzel from the Beer Garden
- order of caramel apple dippers from McClure’s Orchard
Days and Times
- Thursday, October 3 from 4:00-9:00pm
- Friday, October 4 from 11:00am-9:00pm
- Saturday, October 5 from 11:00am-9:00pm
- Sunday, October 6 from 11:00am-5:00pm
Does this sound like your kind of fun? If so, make your plans now as Harvest at Newfields is only happening this weekend.